I am pleased to finally announce version 1.0 of DbFit. DbFit is an extension to FIT/FitNesse that makes test-driven database development easy. Version 1.0 (2008-03-10) is a major cleanup release, finally bringing proper documentation for the library as well. Grab it from SourceForge.
1. Support for in/out parameters in stored procedures.
2. Support for querying stored results
3. Support for SQL Server 2000 in .NET. Not as complete as Sql Server 2005, but should work in most cases.
4. Support for testing blank-padded fixed length CHAR types.
5. .NET version now compiled with FitNesse.NET 1.5
6. Proper documentation — finally. The documentation is available as PDF and FitNesse (included in the dbfit-complete package) and also online at FitNesse.Info.
1. Oracle date used as Timestamp to allow V8 compatibility switch to work
2. Stored procedure params no longer have to be listed in the same order as in db
3. GUID handler now just redirecting to standard GUID handler in .NET
4. OrderedQuery and StoreParameter fixtures for standalone mode
5. bugfix for transactions not getting rolled back in Java after tests in flow mode
6. bugfix for ntext and text field sizes in sql server
7. bugfix for fail[null] NullPointerException in Java
8. workaround for fail[null] bug in fitnesse.net 1.5
9. Acceptance tests now reorganised better.
Many thanks to Marisa Seal for her help with the documentation and Oscar Centeno for his help with Sql Server 2000 implementation.