Here are the links to books and blog posts I mentioned today in the TDD discussion at Alt.NET Uk:
- A Set of Unit Testing Rules, article by Michael Feathers
- Red-Green-Refactor, article by Jim Shore
- Mocks Aren’t Stubs, article by Martin Fowler
- The Decline and Fall of Agile, article by Jim Shore (rescuing Scrum Teams).
- Original TDD as if you meant it exercise
- TDD as if you meant it exercise repeated at Alt.NET UK day one
- xUnit Test Patterns: Refactoring Test Code, Gerard Meszaros, ISBN 0131495054, Addison Wesley 2007. Also see the accompanying web site.
- Exploring Requirements: Donald Gause and Gerald Weinberg, ISBN 0932633137, Dorset House 1989
Many of these ideas are explored in more detail in my TDD in practice course, which will start from September at Skills Matter.
I'm Gojko Adzic, author of Impact Mapping and Specification by Example. My latest book is Fifty Quick Ideas to Improve Your User Stories. To learn about discounts on my books, conferences and workshops, sign up for Impact or follow me on Twitter. Join me at these conferences and workshops:
How to get more value out of user stories
- Oslo, NO, 16 June
Specification by Example Workshops