The guys from Popular have designed a nice poster illustrating the effects of Specification by Example on software projects. I will give away large copies of this poster (including free shipping) in return for the help in A/B testing Amazon.
To get a free poster, rate and review Specification by Example on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk. Publish the review under your real name so that I can match reviews with people who claim them. When the review is published, claim it, I will send the poster.
To claim a review and provide mailing address details for the poster, fill in this form.
Here are the rules of the offer:
- The offer only applies to sensible reviews. I won’t tell you what to write or how to rate it, so the offer applies even if you trash the book, but the praise or criticism needs to be sensible. For some examples of sensible reviews, see the first three reviews of the book on Amazon.com. Examples of non-sensible reviews include purely generic comments, copying and pasting other people’s stuff and book content.
- This only applies to reviews of the book Specification by Example.
- It only applies to reviews published (as in appearing on the web site when an anonymous user browses) between now and 1 November on Amazon.com (click here for the book link on Amazon.com); and between 15th October and 15 November on Amazon.co.uk (click here for the book link on Amazon.co.uk). Other Amazon sites and other retailers are out of scope.
- I don’t mind if you decide to put a review only on one or both web sites; I will send posters independently for each. I offer only one poster per person/site combination. So you can get two posters by getting a review published on both sites, but you only get one poster if you get two or more reviews published on a single site.
- It goes without saying that I don’t control or influence publishing times, but from what I could see it takes several working days to get a comment published so consider that if you want to participate and post early.
- I have a budget for a total of 100 posters, so this applies to the first 50 reviews that get published and claimed at each site, on the first-come-first-served basis by the claim time. I will consider a review claimed when the claim form is filled in, and first-come-first-served will be applied by the timeststamp of the claim form submissions. Different time windows will allow you to win the poster on Amazon.co.uk if you missed the opportunity for Amazon.com.
- The offer only applies to mailing addresses in North America (US/Canada) and Europe. If you are not in one of those two areas, you can qualify by organising shipping to a mailing redirection service.
- I’ll start sending posters out in late October