The key first step for successful organisational change
Last week, while helping a group of product managers learn how to get more out of user stories, I asked the participants to list the key challenges they’ll face trying to bring all the new techniques back to their organisations. “We’ve always done it this way”, “We already know how to do it” and “If it ain’t broken, don’t fix it” kept popping up. People who suffer from those problems then often explain how they’ve tried to propose good ideas, but their colleagues seemed uninterested, defiant, obstructive, resistant, ignorant, or any of the more colourful NSFW attributes that I’ll leave...
- The most important lesson to improve software delivery (Mar 14, 2016)
- Introducing Claudia.js – deploy Node.js microservices to AWS easily (Feb 22, 2016)
- Potentially shippable is no longer good enough (Feb 1, 2016)
- Test automation without a headache (Nov 21, 2015)
- Automated testing: back to the future (Nov 16, 2015)